2’500 word critical reflection around the research proposition and project that you identified for your Final Major Project.
Along side this should be a 1’500 word journalistic style pieces of critical writing on a subject of games debate or consideration.
Longer Piece (2’500)
- Relates to the process of creating the game
- Reflective account of my learning experiences
- An area that helps inform my FMP
- Style of writing academic
- Reflective Conclusion
- Look at the context around the game I’m making
- e.g. history of multiplayer games
Shorter Piece (1’500)
- Can be on an area of interest.
- Style of writing is journalistic
- Find some interesting articles
- For the degree show publication
- Critical writing
- More than an observation it’s a critic
- Leave it open
- 13 references ish, split between the two written pieces.
As long as you have a total of 4’000 words, then the weighting between these two pieces doesn’t matter to much.
Journals / Magazines